how do i make 2 different ...frames?

jeff1000

In Runtime
hi, this is my first post here, seeing as tech forums went down i came here. anyways i want to split my website into two frames, the logo and the menu (top, and left sides of the page) and the rest of the space obviously would be the content. i want to do this to increase loading speed seeing as how i have alot of gfx on my page. heres a screen to explain.
newsetup2ar.jpg

mind you i don't know much about html , just basic stuff. Thanks

HTML Frames

Jeff,

Your code would look like the following:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FMX Clan Site</TITLE>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET rows="80,*" cols="80,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
<FRAME name="cornerFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="CornerFrame.html">
<FRAME name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="TopFrame.html">
<FRAME name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="LeftFrame.html">
<FRAME name="mainFrame" src="MainFrame.html">
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES><BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

</BODY></NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

how would i get rid of the top frame? just delete "<FRAME name="cornerFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="CornerFrame.html">"?

since im kinda a noob to this stuff, what goes after, noresize src=". The link to the page right? how do i set the page so that there are no scroll bars? for each different frames. And just say for the logo could i link to a picture? or what plz help lol

If you want just top and bottom frames, remove cols="80,*" from the Frameset part, if you want left and right remove rows="80,*".

The src="CornerFrame.html" - CornerFrame.html is your file and should be changed to the HTML that you would like to show -- the same goes for the rest of the lines (ex. TopFrame.html, LeftFrame.html, etc.).

The code is already setup to not show scrollbars on the frames.

A good page to goto to get help on this topic or other HTML Info is www.htmlgoodies.com

Back
Top Bottom