Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-28-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default great website

I would like to know what you all think of this website i have helped in coding my friend did most of it by i helped a bit. please give me some feedback about what you think can be done to improve it

ryan_giggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via MSN to Techy Geek
Default Re: great website

thats some pretty impressive coding if you did it all yourself, well done and welcome to the forums

First, its a good website, a whole lot better than my efforts, however, you could improve it by putting all the forum stuff (you know; the stuff under announcements, suggestions etc etc) on seperate pages and creating links, this would help to reduce loading times, which was a bit too slow for my liking (my internet connection is currently 629kb/s) so take into consideration those still using dial-up and add links.

Also, I find the colours used, somewhat, well...rubbish, certainly for my tastes, some colours were pretty awful, so I suggest plenty of neutral colours, as you can't really complain when its white and most people seem to like blue (this forum is a good example). But that's only nit picking.

...Apart from that, its great, assuming you have made that all yourself, then you have something to be proud of, I'm not knocking you, honest, I'm rubbish at web design (see my string of threads that I have created)
"If I seem to act unkind, its only me and not my mind" I Want To Tell You, The Beatles, Revolver
"When I am king, you will be first against the wall" Paranoid Android, Radiohead, OK Computer
There are two types of people, those who hate Microsoft, and those who work for it...
Possibly a Mac Convert
Techy Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

« help | CSS tuts. »