Favorite web programming language

The problem with javascript is that the way in which it is enterpreted varies accross browsers and platforms so writing applications in it becomes so complicated. Other than that, PHP and mySQL are very good languages.

Well i do them all but this is my order of preference:

PHP
Perl
XML
Javascript
.net

MySQL/MSSQL != programming languages, they simply are 'perks' or database systems to different langauges.

I think I'll just have to conform to the majority on this one. Have been using PHP for a while now, think it's a well supported and accepted script language. I also admire the developers as the language is free.

RC

look all of you i can write c++ vb html asp php xml u name it. now php is v easy to use when you no it but its very limited, but asp is v old but you can do tuns more tweking with it. java is ok but 4 me it kak as well but css is good but java may sum time kak up on sum pcs like my 2nd pc up stears (the kak 1 witch resets all the **** time) xml is very good for web sites and making them kool but i can stay hear all day saying the ups and downs but i say that they are all good depending on what and how you want at the time and at what profetionalisum you want it at.

I have to admit that I am young and cheap - and have only recently got the idea in my head of working as a Software Developer at Microsoft. However, from what I am planning and what has been moving into play (things like buying the software and reading required to teach yourself) and have been caught aside by, based on the .NET programming C#. I have no idea why or how it just caught me and I thought - now that is the first language I have to learn!

I was wondering what your lot thought about it (all bar Novartic; who can hardly type and so I doubt he can program quite that many languages)?

Back
Top Bottom