Easy for anyone but me...

Chevy409

Solid State Member
I have a crappy site that I practice web deisgn on cause, well, I suck at it but I'm learning. Have a quick question that's kicking my @ss! My site is neverstuck4x4.freeservers.com and if you go to it, you should notice that the page is not centered, but to the left of the screen. All the link pages are like this except the second one, the Art page. My screen resolution is 1024x768 incase that helps. I tried making the site compatible with all resolutions by using the small size but it's not centered! Be careful, I'm sure the script is UGLY, but if anyone can lead me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks a lot.

put a <center> tag before the table

<table align="center" border="0" width="760" background="Ninjai.jpg">

then close it at the bottom of the page.

view the source on the intro page... that's exactly what I have and it's still not working :( Thanks though

OK... try adding it again because it's not there...

Code:
<body background="cross&flags.jpg" LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 ONLOAD="preloadImages();">
	<div id="container">

<tr>
<td>

should be
Code:
<body background="cross&flags.jpg" LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 ONLOAD="preloadImages();">
<center>
	<div id="container">

<tr>
<td>

and then at the bottom

Code:
</div>
</center>
</BODY>

when I suggested just centering the table I hadn't looked properly, the table is inside the DIV tags, and so when you center it it centers it inside the Divs' you need to make the Divs centered on the page.

I saved the source to my desktop and checked that it actually worked this time.

Wooh! It worked now, thanks a lot for the help. Sorry I'm such a tool and didn't understand the first time. Sweet, thanks again. :D

Back
Top Bottom