which is easier to learn

both can be written in notepad...

and as for easiest top learn.
I found PHP easiest, but everyone is different. and it'll depend on what (if any) programming or server languages you already know.

PHP all the way, it's cheaper to run, the software to make it run is free, so if you wanted you could run your own server. Really easy to learn, plus it's really simular to C and C++ so you'd be able to learn them quite quickly as well.

chris

Well, I think ASP is a little easier. If you already know VB, VBScript, Basic, or anything like that, you'll be fine. It's got a lot of pre-built functions, and is a little more lenient, but if you are on a *nix server, use PHP please. ASP is pretty powerful, once you learn it, though.
Also, this tutorial is a Lycos sponsered article on choosing a server-side programming langauge.
. It's a great article from Webmonkey (Lycos sponsered and hosted) on programming languages to choose for server-side applications.
Hope this helps - :cool:

To me, I'd say PHP. ASP is live time and it's harder to do since that each time, it is a personal session, while php, it is more easier to go back and then continue

hate to bring back an old thread....but id like to learn ASP...can I install it on my computer like installing php on my computer?

not exactly...

ASP is interperated by a Dll that sites in the system32 foler on machines with IIS installed.

if you have windows XP you can add the IIS web server, (add remove windows components from the add remove programs in the control pannel).

I think this is XP pro only,

Once you have IIS installed it'll be set up automatically to work with ASP files.

Back
Top Bottom