Do i learn HTML or DreamWeaver?

Hustwayte

Beta member
I know for a lot of you this is appears to be a very straight forward question, but sadly i have a lack of computer knowledge. Im wanting to learn how to build my own website. However if im write in saying a good website must be easily accessible/presentable from any browser. Im just looking at where i should start off? Can anyone suggest a good book? Ive just started "Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML 4 in 21 days" 2000 but my friends laughed at me and said i should be using Dreamweaver. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ok my reccomendations are.

definately learn html before you get into dreamweaver but definately use dreamweaver to create your site.

learn html from here http://www.w3schools.com/

and then just look up some dreamweaver tutorials after.

Using DW is definitely better in terms of user-friendliness. If you want to use it for business purposes, though, you might think about XHTML(eXtensible HyperText Language) and CSS (Cascading StyleSheet), because DW still have a problem in terms of blind users. with XHTML/CSS there is no problem and you can actually check ur site if there are any mistakes online. I'm proffesional website developer and i'm doing 60-70% of my websites using XHTML/CSS. :cool:

in my opinion. both are damn easy to learn. but if you start with HTML, it will help you in the future if you want get into serious web designing. learning HTM will hardly take 7 days...then your switch to DW would be easy and piece of a cake!

Back
Top Bottom