Can I have a menu in a frame and its contents show inside a second frame via php feed

event_horizon

Beta member
I built a website and the CSS is something like this

<frame 1>

<frame 2>
</div>

<frame 3>
</div>

</div>

Currently I'm containing an iframe within <frame 2> which is an archives list that feeds from an html file with links. Each link opens a completely new page with exactly same structure as the last one only that the selected material is shown in <frame3 >

Currently I changed all my pages to PHP to be able to manipulate the top menu bar and feed it to all pages.

This is what I want to do now:
I want to have the archives menu shown inside the vertical <frame 2> and once something is selected, the contents of the file clicked are fed and shown inside <frame 3> from a PHP file. My goal is so I don't have to include so much code in every single page. Just have one, and just fill <frame 3> with whatever is selected from the archives' list in <frame 2>

Can someone point me the path?

Thank you!!!

As far as I can tell you want to be able to click an item in an iframe and have it appear in an iframe that is directly beside it.

I don't want to be mean or rude but taking an iframe isn't exactly the best way to do this, but if your stuck doing it then you may want to consider using javascript to pull the link that has been clicked in the iframe 2 and then give the data to iframe 3 to load the corresponding page.

You can do it in PHP but I'm not sure it will be the most efficient.

Back
Top Bottom