Buying A Domain

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok if i buy a .com or .co.uk domain name do they forward it for me ??

in other words how will the internet no that when someone puts www.mysite.com in how does it no where to go ?

I have never bought a domain name, but I have read about setting them up etc. To point a domain name to a website, you need to know that DNS servers for the website.

I have never bought a domain name, but I have read about setting them up etc. To point a domain name to a website, you need to know that DNS servers for the website.

cool dude thanks for replying, ive bought a domain from 123 reg now and it was very simple,

i hade my site at ssc456.0fees.net i set my went to domain control panel it said framed which got rid of the ssc456.0fees.net and changes it to ben-jordan.co.uk so i ticked that, then it says destination so i put ssc456.0fees.net and that pretty much somes it up apart from some meta stuff

cool dude thanks for replying, ive bought a domain from 123 reg now and it was very simple,

i hade my site at ssc456.0fees.net i set my went to domain control panel it said framed which got rid of the ssc456.0fees.net and changes it to ben-jordan.co.uk so i ticked that, then it says destination so i put ssc456.0fees.net and that pretty much somes it up apart from some meta stuff

That is a way to do it, but not the best. If you change the nameservers, you can have much more control over the domain, and it's the "proper" way to do it :)

Back
Top Bottom