Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Apache and PHP down on my PC

I have had Apache 1.x and php 4.x on a Windows XP computer for 3 years, and have had no problems whatsoever. This morning, I went to work on some php files on my PC, and I kept getting a "Page not found" type of error .... the same type as if you're online and aren't getting to a website, however I wasn't trying to get online, just using local files. Nothing, to my knowledge, has been changed or altered at all, as I am the only one that would even use the files in a web type of environment; I have shared the PC with another user, however I don't think they would have altered anything to make this stop working.

After a few hours of not getting anywhere, I decided to install Apache 2.x. The install went fine, however the same results trying to view the pages. So far, I had only been trying to view them in Firefox, so on a lark I opened up IE and tried it; surprisingly, IE was showing the page background and a little bit of text, depending on the page I was viewing, while Firefox decided to start showing the page source code, but not the actual page as it should have.

I tried typing in the address bar "http://localhost/", and instead of the standard Apache graphic, just the words "It works!". A test.php file for phpinfo displays the source code as well, not the actual php info that it should.

I am at a total loss as to what might have happened and how to fix it.

Wampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: Apache and PHP down on my PC

I believe I have it fixed....somehow my firewall settings had been changed and was blocking everything from working.
Wampy is offline   Reply With Quote