action=mailto:

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
ok, I have a button on my page and when you click it it mails whatever you typed to me.

this is what I have for the first part of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Application</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<body background="">
<form name="form1" method="post" action="mailto:qqsnare@gmail.com">
-----------------------------------------------------------------

My only problem is, when you click the button to mail it, it tries to use your outlook express email (not many people have that) instead of the email address that I have yo put in there.

-----------------------------------------------
<br><br><br>
<input name="textfield" type="text">
<br>
Your E-Mail Address
<br><br><br>
-----------------------------------------------

I want to know how to chage it where it emails you from the email you put in.

Is there a way?

thanks
-Q

um yeah.. go to qqsnare.googlepages.com and click the link "Contact me"
just press send and it will open outlook express to try to send it to me.

I want it where when people click send, it will try to send it using hotmail or whatever their email address.

To change the default mail client you to to Internet>tools>internet options> Programs.. you can go from there..

but most of the people doing this on my site will be confused if I tell then how and to chage their default mail client.

you can't mak it launch anything other than the default mail client...

you may want to look into having a contact box where they type a message and that emails you on their behalf, with their message.

no,
what I mean is a contact box where the user types the message actually on the page on your site. and that emails you...

you'll still be able to receive the emails with whatever client or service that you use, but it means that they won't have to use their email service, because they can send a message directly from your site.

it'd mean that even people without email addresses could still contact you.

Yeah, but this would require an smtp server, if he's hosting off his home computer this might not work.

Nope. I have tryed to do this myself. I dont think it can be dont, without a PHP Script.

you could include the contact page in an Ifram from another site that would let you use a php mail script...

anyway... the short answer is...

if you can't use PHP or ASP on the host then you can't have a contact form.
and there is no way for the page to decide what email client to open, that's just set in the IE properties.

Back
Top Bottom