$50 for a PHP function

evansste

Solid State Member
I need a stand-alone PHP function that will allow me to send E-mail attachments. When I say "stand-alone", I mean that it doesn't require any sort of extra installation of external programs, such as PEAR, on the server in order for it to work. PHP subfunctions that require the "include" command are fine. However, it must be able to work by simply using those subfunctions. It must not rely on the configuration of the machine (web host) on which it is running. As long as the machine has PHP (which nearly every web host does), then this function will work.

The function that I'm looking for is simple. It will have only two input arguments. One is a character string that offers the E-mail address to which the attachment must be sent, and the other is a character string that offers the path for the file that is to be sent as an attachment.

The following is an example of what it would look like if I were to run this function. For the purposes of this example, the E-mailing function is called "mailattachment", the E-mail address to which the attachment is being sent is called "someone@place.com", and the path for the attachment is "folder/filetobesent.txt".

<?php
include "subfunction1.php";
include "subfunction2.php";
include "subfunctionX.php";

mailattachment("someone@place.com","folder/filetobesent.txt");
?>

I don't care about how many subfunctions you'll need in order for "mailattachment" to work. For this reason, I've given generic names for the subfunctions. All of the subfunctions will simply reside in the same directory as the "mailattachment" function in order for "mailattachment" to work.

Notice that the function doesn't require a subject or message body. This is because those things don't matter for my application. They can be blank when the attachment is sent.

I'm happy to pay $50 to anyone who is willing to write this function for me. I can send the money to you via paypal, or if you want me to send you a money order, that works for me too.

So if you're good with PHP, and you feel that this is a function that you can write, then I definitely want to hear from you.

I was finally able to get someone to write this function for me. It didn't take much. After a post on craigslist, I had a function in a matter of hours.

Back
Top Bottom