Um.. website help

HerrDoktor

Baseband Member
Hey, if anyone has time, could they visit this website www.stalemate.co.nr and give me some advice on it.

btw. i know the blog is tacky but i am yet to find a better one.

thanks for your time.

first piece of advice, get rid of the splash screen, it's a throw back from when flash first became popular, anyone who becomes a regular visitor will becaome annoyed very quickly that they have to make those few extra clicks to get where they want to go.

second, either remove completly, o justmake it stationary, - I'm talking about the new and improoved site scrolling banner.

on the bois page you might want to comsider putting the links in a seperate toolbar frame at he top of the page so that the links are always visible (it's quite a long page).

third, make the links to external sites appear in a new window, you don't generally want to direct traffic away from your site!

fourth, when you link to the equipment manufacturers pages it's be better to actually describe th equipment used in more detail, perhaps some pictures?

fifth, I thikn it's essential, when making a band webpage, to have some sample MP3's, some gig reviews, and a page to advertise up and comming gigs, even if it means that the band has to plan a few months ahead so that the page can get a little filled and not look so empty.

oh, another thing,
does you're designer have a portfolio ste, if she/he does then you should link to this as well, and not just an email address.

thirdly, I don't know what package you have, but for your blog, i'm sure you could have a look on something like source forge and find a good one. you'd have to host it yourself though.

Back
Top Bottom