some help setting up a forum

lhamil64

In Runtime
I tried hosting a forum on the same server as my website (gigacities) but that server didn't support php's mail() nor smtp mail sending..
i tried a different free website host and that didn't either.

What i want is a free website host that allows php's mail() function and allows me to view/edit the forum files so i can add themes and plugins and stuff.

I will post the link to my forum once it's set up.

You're probably not going to find this on a free host.
I'd say best bet would be to find some cheaper host, and just go from there.
It'll give ya a lot less of a headache, rather than struggling with those free hosts.

im not sure about the php mail function, as i cant say ive used it, but there are tons of free hosts with ftp access, ie: you can change all the files and install phpbb yourself. some examples are www.myxfree.net and www.freeweb7.com

Well, i have been setting up phpbb up myself. The problem is that the PHPBB forum uses the php mail() function or smtp to send people who sign up the confirmation emails and the username/password emails. So far, the hosts i have signed up for don't allow mail() or smtp so it gives an error that it can't send the mail. I was seeing if anyone knew of a free host that allowed mail() or smtp. I don't want to pay though.

My hosting company has all the features and abilities to run a forum on. It also has installatron so you can just install a forum and let the wizard do all the hard work. You could have a forum set up in minutes. to sign up see the details at www.computingforum.org all my hosting details are there.

Back
Top Bottom