Screen resolution

helponthesite

Solid State Member
How does this page 'Computerforums' take up the whole screen on any resolution?

How can i make my website do this? I have an image that i want to fill the whole screen on any resolution computer and i want it so u dont hav to scroll horizontal or vertical. Thanks

You'll have to use JavaScript to stretch the image, as you can't use percentage values in img tags.

I have seen sevaral services that allow you to view your web site fron different screen resolutions. But anyway you8 have friends which have resolutions different from yours. And that might be good idea and helps you to check as well

what is img tags? Does this page fill my whole screen because it has a javascript. how do i do a javascript. im a complete novice

If you notice they use solid colors for the most part or a repeating gradient and the images that are here just resize the spacing when the page maximizes.

so if you want to have a picture as your background and have it 100% width and height you need to place it in your body before your content give it an id with a fixed postion of top 0 and left 0 and then set its width and height to 100% and make sure to set your next div tag back to relative

this article here should explain better theres a few more finer details about browser compatibility i skipped
http://webdesign.about.com/od/css3/f/blfaqbgsize.htm

I have seen sevaral services that allow you to view your web site fron different screen resolutions. But anyway you8 have friends which have resolutions different from yours. And that might be good idea and helps you to check as well

Or change your resolution? ;)

Just use firefox and hit CTRL + or -

It'll decrease and increase the resolution just like that.

Back
Top Bottom