Repair company website review !

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I am starting up a computer repair company locally to me, i have made a basic website and would like some positive criticism and ideas to make the site more attractive and appealing.

your input would be appreciated greatly.

www.h-c-s.co.uk

• I really don't like this at the top: "Sam Bates | 07794731066 | enquiries@h-c-s.co.uk | Free Call-out | Free Quotes | Free laptops | Free Pick-ups"
  • cool design
  • too much text
  • too many links at the top. Give users less choice. Let them drill down. For example, make a "service" link and put all the pricing in there. Combine Contact Us and About Us.
  • I don't think I ever click on a link that says "Links" because quite honestly I'm not looking for Links
  • change "Latest Tech/Computer News" to just "News" or make "News" a side bar that appears on every page

Very professional looking and I like the picture at the top.

Like said above me I don't like the top and I don't like the way the important info is highlighted red it kind of looks amateur.

Sorry to be harsh :)

no thats fine, thanks. thats what i need, i want to make the site simple and easy to use. thanks for your feedback so far. i will get working on your comments so far soon and i will get back to you on the changed design.

please let us know when you are done. I would like to see what you come up with. The site has potential.

ok i have done a few things that were mentioned although i think its looking a little bare now. i havnt got the time atm to remove every header tag and change the red writing.

Look at www.testing.h-c-s.co.uk

miss the callout page i messed it up

noh man, it's looking good. There seems to be little space between your nav bar and the title of the page. What if you move the nav bar under the picture and center it?

also, by no means do you have to make the changes that we are suggesting here. It's just an opinion. By no means am I a UX export. What seems great to me, may look like shit for another user. Take the advice that makes sense to you. 3 years down the line, no matter what you made, you'll look back and be surprised how little you knew "back then". Happens all the time. I'll develop a piece of software and then come back to it in three years and think to myself... "Man, I was a real idiot back then".

Back
Top Bottom