PC Formats forum is totaly gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I think you get the wrong end of the stick. Ward is a good guy and he voulenteers to be a moderator. The forum is sponsored by, featuerd and provides a platform for feedback about the magazine. - far from being just a trumped up name (if you buy he magaziine you'll even find quotes from the forum in there).
Smoe of the moderators on that forum (and all of the admin) work for future publishings, and I guess a part of their working day would be to look at that forum, hence they are paid. - however some of the times the admin posts are made at insane times of night, obviously the admin also care about the forum and readers of the magazine.

It was pointed out that I was the one who went off topic in one of Novartic's many threads. I just wanted to say I did this for comedy value alone. We actually like trolls and the like (once a blue moon) since they can liven up coversations quite a bit. Unfortunately the Mods and Admin don't like trolls since this "livening up" of the conversation usually result in language being used which does not fall within the "Acceptable Use Policy" and so they lock threads which are going pear shaped, whether Novartic was to blame or not. I like novartic, and if he'd like a proper chat he's invited to join the PCFF Irc channel (details on the board, not gonna spam it here :p) where he'll be welcomed with open arms and maybe given one or 2 pointers on how to avoid being banned (for a 6th time).

Flibberdy

root said:
no, I think you get the wrong end of the stick. Ward is a good guy and he voulenteers to be a moderator. The forum is sponsored by, featuerd and provides a platform for feedback about the magazine. - far from being just a trumped up name (if you buy he magaziine you'll even find quotes from the forum in there).
Smoe of the moderators on that forum (and all of the admin) work for future publishings, and I guess a part of their working day would be to look at that forum, hence they are paid. - however some of the times the admin posts are made at insane times of night, obviously the admin also care about the forum and readers of the magazine.
A could be working now; I don't get paid to be on here. I could be working when I'm on other Forums as a Moderator; but I don't get paid. Even as Admin I don't get paid. Should I be paid for my work at posting on Forums mostly at insane times of night with practically click fingers responce? Obviously I shouldn't. I don't believe that Moderators should be paid; just one of those things I think. I don't believe because they do it in 'Working Time' they should be paid or because they do it at insane times of night they should be paid.

The Feedback and Discussions on the Magazine is the smallest Forum there! It is what I said it was - I trumped up name! If you want a Forum about COmputers then make one; but if you want a Forum about a Magazine make that! Don't try to make a merged version of both where one does nothing but powers the other.

EDIT: For the 6th Time! My god!

KO asde from the fact it is subsidised hosted supported by, moderated by and administered by the magazine and future publishings it has very little to do with computers!

PCFormat - if ou take the effort to actually look at it is aPC lesure magazine - meaning the games section is related to the comtent of the magazine, - the technical help is related to (and mentioned in) the magazine. - How much more support do you want???

Te point I made about the admins was mostly a point of fact, - there are people who post on there who are aid to work for future publishing - regardles of wether it is thier duty to post or not they still do, the point Ward was making was why would someone who claims to be a 'good guy' such as Novartic deliberatly go out of his way to create trouble? it comes back to the reasons we agreed that linux would ever globably outperfom windows - people who volenteer time do not like to be put upon,

he guy moderates on that forum through a love of the forum and regard for the people who use it. - However this will stop becoming a labour of love and start turning into a chore when people like novartic come long and cause trouble

god there is so many speling mistakes and typos in thata post I made, why is it I have to be drunk before I can see them.

Yeah, there are! But I wouldn't know about the drunk thing - I am tee-total and intend to stay that way. The very idea I loose my self-control is scary!

Lord Kalthorn said:
I think I probably understand that; but if it were me I would have blocked him and been done with it.
they've already abnned 6 of his accounts!

no, he's novartic_ and he's opsting from colledge so a policy is they wont block thousands of potential users, they'll just ask 1 to behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom