Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Design and Development | Site Reviews
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default oBulletin Development Forums

If anybody's interested in my Forums Software Project, then check out the oBulletin Community System Development Forum!

Its open to anybody interested in talking about Forum Software, I'm always picking up ideas from people, so if you've got them put them up and I'll see if I can get it in!

Eventually there will be more information on there about oBulletin itself, but its hard to actually get any information together as its mostly in Notes.

Anybody interested in helping is more than welcome to PM me there or here and ask! You don't have to be good, just have to want to learn while you're working! Its in XHTML 2.0, CSS 1.1 and JavaScript for the Pumped Code, ASP.NET andC# for the Server Code, and MySQL as the Database (I couldn't get MSSQL working for it in the proper manner, which is a shame). It will hopefully be available on Linux and Windows Servers, better on Windows of course but we're working towards getting it fully workable through Mod_Mono. Great offers for people who do help Develop, specifically in the form of a piece of the eventual oBulletin Pie!

Old 06-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
xxcobraxx

Default Re: oBulletin Development Forums

let me make you a Banner

Old 06-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
Guru

Haha, I like my Banner It is simple and in the style of how I would like oBulletin.

However... if you'd be interested in working on Theme for oBulletin? I would happily put you down on my list of people to send Templates too, I'm working on the major Page Templates at the moment, once they're done I'll be looking for people to make styles other than the default one I've done, which is basically that colour scheme.

Themes will hopefully include a Template Set and Colour Set, basically pointing to a set of HTML Templates for the Pages which are Customisable, and a set of CSS Variables that give that Template different colour schemes, also choosable. So that Users get two Menus at the bottom, one with a set of Templates with their names, then once they've chosen that they get a set of Colour Schemes for that Theme, when they choose that it's changed.

Interested?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to 135791

vB 3.5 beta 2 is our i believe you should up it and sort soem of the bugs out
135791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
Site Team

Hmmm, signing up now as I speak...

Very interested in development, and forum architecture.

Hope I can be helpfull... a little put off by the reference to computertechforums.net (at the bottom)...
(isn't that the place where disgruntled computerforums.org members go to muse?)
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
BSOD

Thats mean root, I am not a disgruntled cf user.....at least i dont think and i post there often. Also, Lord Kalthorn one of cf's best members posts there often.
Computergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to 135791

gen just made roots point :P

nah jk, ( we will bitch about it in the staff lounge later root where they cant see :P)

love ya gen (not in gay way)
135791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:41 PM   #8
BSOD

Yeah.....right, anyway talk all ya want about me in the staff lounge.....I honestly don't care.
Computergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:21 AM   #9
Site Team

well I said muse, not bitch, theres a very different thing there...

anyway, with the reapperance of AMD I guess my thoughts on comutertechforums was way off...

My bad.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #10
Guru

Might as well pop back in here to say, check out the Development Forums again! We had to do PhpBB, because vBulletin didn't like my lack of a licence and didn't agree that Beta Software means I'm testing it - and hence I'm useful to their testing process :P

It's being done in PHP too, which is a bit of a bummer but it should be more widely available that way. So anybody interested in PHP can help too!