Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Design and Development | Site Reviews
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Newbie

Hi all,

Just created my first website and was hoping for some educated comments on it.

I have noticed when I use browser shots the page does not always display properly and some html editors have told me my code is crap.

However displays well on IE6 to 8 and firefox.

Any help or advise would be beneficial.

Radon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: Newbie

What browsers aer you having problems with mate? Different browsers render in different ways, so we should be able to help if you can identify where the problems are.

As far as the site goes, it's not ugly, it's nice and simple to use, but i'd recommend labelling the buttons at the top, or doing some custom ones that look consistent because they are not all clearly obvious as to what the page they link to is

New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Site Team
Default Re: Newbie

It's a pretty simplistic site, but not an altogether bad one. I've certainly seen far worse, and while it's not the most flashy thing on the planet that's far better than adding loads of crap that makes the thing hard to navigate.

However, assuming you wrote the HTML yourself it is questionable. Tags should all be in lower case these days for a start. And beyond that, you should really be validating all the HTML you use (if it's valid then all browsers should display it properly - and if they don't it's bugs with the browser, not you.)

As you can see from your validation check here, you've got quite a bit of work to do if you want it to validate! And that's just with HTML4. These days you should really be aiming for validation using XHTML strict, and if that's the case...

Save the whales, feed the hungry, free the mallocs.
berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote