My Tutorial Site

Good show!

The reason the reg is off is I plan to close the doors on May 2nd. I will create an account for you and PM the details later. I have to go to work now. Back on in 45 mins.

O.O
Ok.. Well. I hope it's for the best!

Good luck!

Seti - That is exactly what my big problem with using pre-made websites is all about...

Oh! One more thing... <sarcasm> What do you think of this Forum!? I mean.. OMG! They're using vBulletin! How dare they! </sarcasm>
Dang GuruHouse, you beat me to it.
surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

Oh! One more thing... <sarcasm> What do you think of this Forum!? I mean.. OMG! They're using vBulletin! How dare they! </sarcasm>

LMAO... That was a good one...

Though, you can post things on your website that is not a part of your copyright without breaking the law... Even though I do know enough about copyright laws, I did take a look at your suggest sites, and nothing I didn't already know was shown to me... But thank you for answering a part of my question.

LMAO... That was a good one...

Though, you can post things on your website that is not a part of your copyright without breaking the law... Even though I do know enough about copyright laws, I did take a look at your suggest sites, and nothing I didn't already know was shown to me... But thank you for answering a part of my question.

You're right.. You can. BUT you have to have permission and I don't feel like asking for permissions from a thousand different sites.

Dang GuruHouse, you beat me to it.
surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

Hahah.. sorry. :p

Ok.. I've run into a problem. There is no way to really control the originality of submited tutorials. Could I use a TOS/GPL (or whatever I would use) to keep others from posting the tutorial on other sites.. but still allow link backs to the tutorial itself? Or maybe allow them to post the tutorial on other sites but only with my logo on the bottom right of every picture or something? I don't really know how to word this or what to do. :-/

Not exactly sure what you are trying to get at... Are you not wanting people who post tutorials on your site, to also post upon other sites as well? Or are you just trying to prevent people from using posted content?

Not exactly sure what you are trying to get at... Are you not wanting people who post tutorials on your site, to also post upon other sites as well? Or are you just trying to prevent people from using posted content?

Ok. When a user uploads a tutorial to my site, I add the logo to all the images and videos. I want a way (by licenses or whatever)
to prevent users from uploading the same tutorials they uploaded to my site, to other sites. I don't mind however if there is a link back to the original tutorial post or if the images/videos contain the logo etc. I'm not sure what to do about text only articles.

hhmm... Well technically you really can't do that... See the problem with that is, when someone writes their own tutorial, it is them who owns the copyright to that tutorial... So if you want to try to do so, then you would have to include in your Terms of Service, that in submitting any work to your website, they are signing the copyright privileges to you, or your site... You could also have that as an agreement prior to uploading something... Also add that in doing so, relinquishes all their rights as to what they choose to do with their work... Cause otherwise, you can't control something that is not yours to control... If I have the wrong idea of what your trying to do, let me know... Cause I am still a bit confused as to weather or not your wanting this restriction upon those who write the tutorials, or just those who view it..

Back
Top Bottom