My first site for a client!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your not calling me a web designer then? You have to know a thing or 2 about web designing...Drupal is powerful...setting up servers and what not isn't that easy...

Dude ... You are not a web designer... I set up my own server in my own house, open to the entire internet... Running Fedora 8, Apache, MySQL 5, and PHP 5.3 I think... I have multiple content management systems I built... I just finished with the ruff draft of my Clientele system, so I can have my clients look at their projects and the status of their projects from their home computer, not to mention keep track of payments and what not... Plus I am going to be doing an Open Source Projects section... This way I can host Open Source Projects... Also I have a Wiki-pedia sort of thing going, plus a forum, and more... All I have coded by hand, no programs... No windows, no click click installs... (Not to mention I have done two different designs; A tabled, and a table-less)
Plus I know more then just web development... I know... C/C++, MySQL, Php, Perl, Python, Javascript, X/D/Html, CSS, Shell scripting, IDS/IPS, Learning Assembly, and Binary...

eslfish... Wow you are worse then a noob... A server would be the computer that is hosting the website to the internet.... Or anything that is providing a service to other computers, or end users... FileZilla is a server, what you have up on a Filezilla is not a server, that is the service... You have no clue how to set up a website from your own home computer do you? ...

eslfish... Wow you are worse then a noob... A server would be the computer that is hosting the website to the internet.... Or anything that is providing a service to other computers, or end users... FileZilla is a server, what you have up on a Filezilla is not a server, that is the service... You have no clue how to set up a website from your own home computer do you? ...

I know how to...he just confused me on what he said about servers...gee give me a break! :p

I feel i'd like to distance myself some what from burn. He is getting a little too agressive.

I apologize if I am coming off too rude... Just personally coming from the aspect of 10 years in the game, being a major "Open Source" type of guy, and really hating when script kiddies make a bad name for the real hackers... and other things of the sort... This is a bit of a touchy subject for me... For someone who has so far shown to me, that they don't actually know much about design... To even accept the money from a project that was done through a program, is not only unethical and unmoral for me... It kinda ticks me off... Then to say that you should be called a web designer or at least to imply that you should be, also kinda ticks me off... I mean seriously, what have you done, that you should be called a web designer? ...

It takes some skill to do what I did. Hey man, if I make money by doing it then I'm happy, I know I'm a noob, but I'm learning. I like getting input from experienced guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom