Looking for web design help for first timer...

ljgranger

Beta member
I will be creating a website for use while traveling on a boat. So, I want the site to be able to communicate daily logs and photos. What web host do you suggest? I am interested in talking with someone that is using a website while blue water cruising.

First of all you need a domain name ( www.GoDaddy.com has the best prices.). Secondly you need a good host ( DownTownHost.Com - Web Hosting Services) with CPanel.
Inside CPanel is all kinds of free software. They have anything from blogging to galleries. And they're free to use. I'm using one of the gallery programs for my anime goodies. I also have a forum on model flying that is Vbulletin software not included in CPanel.

I would recommend a blogging program so you can write your logs and post photos inside the blog. Again if you use CPanel, the software is included and it's free.

Last edited:
I second Seti's suggestions. Godaddy has good pricing on their domain names, and I believe they have a wordpress-only hosting package that is pretty affordable.

Another reputable host is asmallorange.com. They have very cheap packages and include CPanel also.

I highly recommend using WordPress to host your blog as it is open source and themes, guides, and plugins are widely available.

Back
Top Bottom