Wouldn't be too bad, but there's a few main things you need to sort out:
- That background makes the text very hard to read in places. Either turn transparency off on the white text backing, or turn it right down (it's fine at the far left, you could keep it at that setting all the way along.)
- That Google ad sticks out like a sore thumb, it either needs to go or it needs to be incorporated into the design better!
- Perhaps most importantly, you say you're open for business but the site's got next to nothing on it! You need far more than just a phone number if you're serious about selling your services - and as always on these sorts of sites I seriously doubt whether your business model is viable at all in this day and age. That's for another discussion though. To even generate a remote chance of people checking you out, you need to have much more on there, preferably with examples of previous work, a definitive pricing system and online booking. No-one's just going to ring a phone number and ask...
- Congratulations on the valid HTML and CSS. It's a design principle I think many more should adhere to. However, think about your target audience here. Are they REALLY going to know what they mean, let alone appreciate them? These days you should really be developing to XHTML standards anyway, HTML 4 is long gone...
- The background image seems quite large, can you compress it down a bit? Fine on a fast connection, if you get someone come long with a slower one they'll get fed up of waiting
- I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of the font - I appreciate you want something different, but that does cross the line of being difficult to read to me.
Hope that's given you something to chew over