Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Design and Development | Site Reviews
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Creating my Own Website. [Need Help]

All,for a while i have been extremely interested in hosting my own sucsessfull website, I dont really know what im doing tbh, but its the exitment that has intreeged me to carry on.So for the first week the website will proberally be on a free domain and a free hositng company, so obviously it wont be the best, its more for me to get to grips with my website, if i have the time then maybe it will be shorter than a week.Okay so ill cut to the chase, I can apy for the domain and the hosting, thats not a problem, but I have to knowledge on making my own website and setting it up, unless I get a template already made for me, as i'm not to sure on FileZila etc. so I need someoen to help me do this, obviously they will have acess to my site after its all up and running, atm i dont really know what the site is going to be based on, I dont really mind i jsut want the satisfaction of running my own website, So ideas are welcome.Thank-you for taking your time to read this.VIVV

VIVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Wizard of Wires
Default Re: Creating my Own Website. [Need Help]

You know nothing about how to set up and run a forum, yet you want to jump in with both feet?
You may want to have a look here > Free Forum & Free Message Board Hosting | ProBoards

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

You might want to list out a couple of things that you don't know, then do some research on your own.

Then come back, with information that you have found, and ask people to clarify things for you.
distrACT -- an open community
● It helps to ask questions effectively
● Please join Server admins social group if you are into servers
dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
Baseband Member

You should figure out what you want your site to be about, choose something that greatly interests you, and then do some keyword research, just using wordpress would probably be a good idea.
Zoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Baseband Member

I'd sign up for a wordpress.com account or blogger.com account then create a blog and just play with it. You can get hosting pretty cheap around $5 a month once your ready
computerMAnn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
In Runtime

Also, I wouldn't recommend giving someone else complete access of your site unless you know and trust them.

SethWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote