Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Design and Development | Site Reviews
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Webhead
Default Could you all make rate and make some sugestions for my websites, please?

Hi,

I have designed the following websites none of them except the thomas wolsey one are complete yet, so could you please rate them and make some suggestions for improvements please.

I have decent coding skills recently taught myself CSS and HTML (XHTML), and am learning Java Script and PHP. I think graphics design is my weakest point, though I do have a fully liscened version of Adobe Production Studio but am unable to use it due to my computer being 5 years old and can only support upto 256mb ram, and intel celeron 900mhz, however, I will be getting a laptop soon with atleast 1gb soon, so maybe THEN i can get stuck in to Photoshop and Illustrator!

Thomas Wolsey School Website
Last year I was given the role of updating and maintaining my schools website, the layout was made by someone else five years ago, but I have added many new features to it, including: a breadcrumb navigation system, php pages, more links, and improved css. Notice the design is done using table, with a little CSS. It is my plan to ether re-do the design using CSS or should I create a new design with CSS, let me know your ideas,please!

www.thomaswolsey.com

---------------------------------------------
Leon's Creations Website (My Website)
As I do the schools website I am able to also host some things of my own on it, so I have made a small, but, growing website the hub for all my websites.

I have yet to come up with a logo or a design I like yet, maybe you could help? I need something that will attract users, I was thinking of maybe a Flash header, and maybe some custom drawn computer monitors as my logo with a slide show of al my web design through the monitor? I was also thinking of creating the entire website in flash but I am worried about if that will have an impact on accessibility?

www.thomaswolsey.com/leon/

Ipswich Town Football Club Winning Post Centre Website
This is a website I am doing for the Ipswich Town Community Trust run Winning Post Centre in Newmarket, I have designed the entire site using CSS.

www.thomaswolsey.com/leon/websites/itfc/wp/

Christain Youth Ministries (CYM) African Adventure
This is a website I am doing for Ipswich based CYM, for their African Village, another site made entirely in CSS.

www.thomaswolsey.com/leon/websites/cym/

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for all your help!

EDIT:updated with my thoughts.

Webhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Beta Member

Default Re: Could you all make rate and make some sugestions for my websites, please?

I like School website. Very professional.

Your portfolio site is really retro Need some improvements in graphic, colors and fonts.

_vlada_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
In Runtime

Default Re: Could you all make rate and make some sugestions for my websites, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vlada_
I like School website. Very professional.

Your portfolio site is really retro Need some improvements in graphic, colors and fonts.
Thanks for your reply,

Yeah I want to get into graphics I actually have a liscened version of Adobe Photoshop CS2, but before I can use it Ineed to upgrade my cmputer as its 5 years old and can't handle that sort of program.

Oh well atleast I have fairly good coding skills with CSS, HTML/XHTML, and am learning PHP.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
Baseband Member

You should look into flash too, you can easily bring great graphics into play.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by torment1979
You should look into flash too, you can easily bring great graphics into play.
Yeah I have used Flash several times I even have a copy if the latest version Flash Professional 8.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:15 AM   #6
Golden Master

Flash is bulk, in my opinion. I don't use it, never will. I don't want users to download that clunk just to view a slide show.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:48 AM   #7
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdgr
Flash is bulk, in my opinion. I don't use it, never will. I don't want users to download that clunk just to view a slide show.
I like Flash, but I do agree it shouldn't be used for a lot of things that can be done ether with HTML/CSS/JavaScript.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #8
Golden Master

Nice website.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:24 AM   #9
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

How old are you?
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #10
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai
How old are you?
17, why?