Come and join

Lol, good point.

Is there anywhere I can have a look for free? I may see about it for my Bulletin Board Project. I'll have a look now.

Found it; and yeah its pretty cool. Its a personal thing perhaps - I would not pay $100 for it - that would be silly. Graphically and Editorially vBulletin to me seems better, after going through the Admin it also seems there are more useful options on vBulletin - although most people would not care about these options which vBulletin has. Visually; vBulletin is superior too for the simple reason that it is nicer, has a greater feel. Invision is good thought in that it's CSS Style Sheet is perhaps easier to edit - although vBulletin goes through them all individually for less experienced users.

One thing Invision has which I like from the perspective of trying to make a Bulletin Board is the SQL Management System. If I were to make one for ASPX; I'd use an MSSQL System but eitherway the Management on Invision allows me to see the Tables, and backs up the presumptions I made of the sort of Columns and Tables I'd need on a Board.

lord k... if you are willing to pay for vbulletin that's fine.. but i am sticking to my free invision power board.. the 2.0 version makes others look like old 80's dial-in dos based bbs's!

It is a little Graphically Inadequate. From the Normal Users' Perspective. I'm sure its possible to make it like a vBulletin Graphics but it wouldn't be easy.

Back
Top Bottom