ATEN International, a leading designer and manufacturer of advanced connectivity solutions, announced five new KVM Extenders. The new units join an expanded KVM extender lineup that offers a multitude of uses for manufacturing-centric organizations, construction sites, warehouse/distribution, brick and mortar retail locations, small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) and small offices/home offices (SOHOs). ATEN's new space-saving KVM extenders, which utilize CAT5 cabling, empower users to control a server or KVM switch from a convenient remote location - away from secure and loud server rooms.
Available now, ATEN offers a full line of KVM extenders and includes:
* USB KVM Extender (CE700A): is a USB-based KVM Extender capable of extending access to a computer or USB KVM from a remote console from up to 150m with a CAT 5e cable.
* USB KVM Extender (CE750): allows access to a computer or USB KVM from a remote console from up to 200m away with a CAT 5e cable. This extender is unique in that it not only supports audio, but both units incorporate a RS-232 port for serial devices such as barcode scanners and touch screens.
* USB KVM Extender (CE770): is a USB-based KVM extender which allows access to a computer from a remote USB console for up to 300m through a CAT 5e cable. The unit features audio support, automatic signal compensation, an RS-232 serial port and Deskew functionality that eliminates video artifacts and color bleeding often caused by long cable runs.
* USB KVM Extender (CE800B): allows access to a computer or USB KVM from a remote console from up to 200m away with a CAT 5e cable. This extender is unique in that it not only supports audio, but both units also support external USB mass storage-compliant devices (Flash drives, USB floppy drives and USB-based CD-ROM drives).
* Digital USB KVM Extender (CE790): is an IP-based KVM extender with automatic cable detection (Auto-MDIX) and RS-232 serial functionality that allows access to a computer via a remote USB console (USB keyboard, monitor and USB mouse) anywhere on the Intranet - no distance limitations. The CE790 also features audio support, superior video resolution up to 1920 x 1080.
The following are sample scenarios depicting the use of ATEN's KVM extenders product line:
* Factory/Manufacturing and Environment/Construction Sites: Ideal tool for harsh environments where it is important to separate the mouse, monitor and keyboard from the computer. This separation is essential in manufacturing where the computer can be harmed by dirt, dust, oil or moisture.
* Security/Surveillance Systems: For security and monitoring purposes, users can install a camera and microphone in one area while placing the console in a convenient location for easy access and monitoring.
* Healthcare/Hospitals: Medical records can be reviewed from one server via two separate rooms without the need to deploy a network.
* Brick and Mortar Retailers: With brick and mortar retailers trying to replicate the interactivity of the online buying experience, these units are perfect for kiosks such as store information, bridal registries, etc.
* Office Locations: For IT managers whose offices are located outside of the data center for security, noise or climate reasons, these products offer simple cost effective central and remote management tools to serve as console duplicators. A receptionist can access a computer located in a back office - away from the reception area.
* Home or Small Offices: For workers in the home or small office environment with one PC located in one part of the house and there is a need to access recipes in the kitchen or have to surf the Net for car parts in the garage, then these products are ideal.
ATEN's full line of KVM extenders are also beneficial the broadcast field and houses of worship.
ATEN International Co., Ltd. is specialized in connectivity solutions in information technology. Established in 1979, ATEN is today considered the leading manufacturer of KVM Switches worldwide. This prominent position was reached by continuously high investment in research and development, resulting in numerous patents and exemplified by the sophisticated ASIC, developed in the ATEN labs and manufactured by ATEN. The product range today covers hundreds of connectivity products, providing complete KVM solutions from entry level to the enterprise market. Among the customers of ATEN are large companies with global operations, midrange and small businesses, as well as ambitious private users. For further information, please visit http://www.aten.com