Go Back   Computer Forums > Web Design | Website Development > Web Design and Development | Site Reviews
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2004, 01:22 PM   #11
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to badmatty
Default Re: airiox.com

The model T was the first assembly line produced automobile.

I have to say, the features that are in msn are good for some people. However, you really can not configure it to your liking. With firefox, you can build you own with the exact features you want and/or need. This also lowers the amount of resources needed to operate.
__________________

badmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:36 PM   #12
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Lol; must admit i wasn't quite expecting the original Open-Source argument in a Mozilla discussion - but i suppose I should have.

Point is of course; that very few people can do this. The huge configuration power of MSN Explorer, for the average user far exceeds that of Mozilla Firefox. Plus; bar the people using the slowest computers or the most high-end users running dozens of graphic editting programs while surfing the internet nobody is going to moan about the system usage requirements of MSN Explorer - even when Windows Media Player is running on it - it hardly uses 1 percent when its loading up, and no noticable percentage while its running. It uses RAM, but again only about 60MB which in this day and age nobody will care about. Not only that; but the graphical interface on MSN Explorer are worth using 60MB RAM.

Plus: Intergrated E-mail, Messenger, Calander, Stocks, Links, Tasks, Alerts, Photos, Computer Shortcuts, Headlines, Built in Media Player all in the ease of a Sidebar. Graphical Interface, Popup Blocker, Safe ActiveX (which while generally unsafe: is damn useful at times), Highlighting Tools, built in Search, built in .NET Passport Sign in, easy to use interface. E-mail based Log on and Account System for all the family, Parental Controls.

You can tell me which of the above Mozilla has? Or indeed any that MSN Explorer doesn't?
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:49 PM   #13
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to badmatty
Default Re: airiox.com

Firefox has most of them. Not to mention with their fantastic plug-ins many it doesn't. But, don't believe me...just look for yourself.
here

btw, I just did that with the excellent BBcode plugin.

almost all of the plugins listed are quite reliable and most also self-install
badmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #14
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: airiox.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmatty
Firefox has most of them. Not to mention with their fantastic plug-ins many it doesn't. But, don't believe me...just look for yourself.
here

btw, I just did that with the excellent BBcode plugin.

almost all of the plugins listed are quite reliable and most also self-install
Oh yey! I can't wait to go back to Mozilla and install of of these great Plugins!
  1. Adds BBCode to the context menu for PHPBB based forums like Mozillazine. Based on Cussers pastequote extension
  2. Copies text without formatting
  3. Adds zoom functionality for images
  4. Drag a link or anything like a uri (e.g. "abc.com" ), and throw it to anywhere blank on the webpage to open the it in a new tab.
  5. View downloads in an auto-hide statusbar.
  6. Adds an option to your File menu to allow you to open long, multiline, urls.
  7. Lets you 'stumble upon' cool websites that have been highly recommended (rated Great!) by friends and community members with interests similar to your own.
  8. Toolbar for eurekster search engine.
  9. A note taking extension with advanced features.
  10. Display the date and time in your browser's status bar.
And those were just the best ones chosen from among the most highly rated files on that Plugin Page! Got me all tingly thinking about where i could actually bother using them!

PhpBB is crap anyway; and thats what the damned text editor and accompanying buttons are for. Copying text without formatting! Wow; you should be copying into Word anyway - and you can clear all formatting on there easily enough. probably easier than getting ti to stop formatting as you copy it. Zoom for images! I can't wait. Hussar! What a great use that is; I can now open a new tab by throwing a link at it. I do that on MSN Explorer too - I just have to aim instead. Wow - that I can do in MSN Explorer too! Wow; thats handy! I suppose thats based on you being a member of a community which has that sort of rating system and interest system - probably phpBB perhaps? Stupid buggers they are.

Eurekster Search Engine! Bloody Hell; are my eyes decieving me?! Lol; nobody even knows what that is. Wow, taking notes? That what Onenote is for. Wow! Instead of looking to the very corner to see the time - I can look just above the very corner at a smaller display!

Does anybody here truly believe that pitiful list of Plugins equals the power of MSN Explorer? Cause I think to understand where anything on it compares to my previous list of MSN features I'll need it describes slightly better? :P
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 03:46 PM   #15
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to badmatty
Default Re: airiox.com

I think you missed both my point and the other 117 other plug-ins.

The other 117 you can check out yourself. My point however is that it can have all of those, or none of those...you get to choose. Not some corporate doobbie

BTW, I am well versed in MicroSoft products as well. I use nearly all of them and certified in many. I love MS and it's user friendly aspects. I just would like everyone to know that there are alternatives to the carbon copy software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
I suppose thats based on you being a member of a community which has that sort of rating system and interest system - probably phpBB perhaps? Stupid buggers they are.
not sure what you meant here...sounds derogatory:?

But,the laguage that is used for phpbb is quite similar if not the same as for this board. Personally I like the look of Vbulletin more. But, if I wanted to spend the time I could make a phpbb look like and have the same features.
badmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:03 PM   #16
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: airiox.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmatty
I think you missed both my point and the other 117 other plug-ins.

The other 117 you can check out yourself. My point however is that it can have all of those, or none of those...you get to choose. Not some corporate doobbie

BTW, I am well versed in MicroSoft products as well. I use nearly all of them and certified in many. I love MS and it's user friendly aspects. I just would like everyone to know that there are alternatives to the carbon copy software.
There are alternatives; but do you argue for them simply because they are there? I presumed this was your favourite browser: and that perhaps you could argue for it properly. For me to truly now argue against Mozilla, and satisfy the fact that you are not prepared to to it yourself and show me where Mozilla can do what you claim it can, would be to Copy the Process of every single damned Plugin on that damned page and to comment on each of them. I have no time to do this because I have a website to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmatty
not sure what you meant here...sounds derogatory:?

But,the laguage that is used for phpbb is quite similar if not the same as for this board. Personally I like the look of Vbulletin more. But, if I wanted to spend the time I could make a phpbb look like and have the same features.
Yeah; it was derogatory - I hate phpBB. Whether the language is like the vBulletin Range or not. It isn't right for some reason.

Yeah; but why would you when you could have the great usefulness of vBulletin in less time; and with far more features. I've never seen the admin of a phpBB Forum but the one of vBulletin 3 is completely insane.

So; when you are prepared to discuss the advantages of Mozilla over MSN Explorer then come and do it - here is an easy to digest list of all the things you claimed Mozilla could do and better:
  1. Integrated E-Mail
  2. Integrated Messenger
  3. Integrated Calender
  4. Integrated Stocks
  5. Integrated Links
  6. Integrated Tasks
  7. Integrated Alerts
  8. Integrated Photo Control
  9. Integrated Computer Shortcuts
  10. Integrated Headlines
  11. Integrated Side Bar Menu with all the above in an easy to use visual style
  12. Built in Media Player
  13. Brilliant Graphical Interface
  14. Integrated Popup Blocker
  15. Completely safe use of ActiveX (which while generally unsafe: is damn useful at times)
  16. Highlighting Tools
  17. Built in Search
  18. Built in .NET Passport Sign in
  19. Easy to use Interface
  20. E-mail based login and account systems for all the family
  21. Seperate Account Options
  22. Equal to none Parental Controls
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: airiox.com

well I havent every used msn explorer but just looking at it gets me all queezy inside. As far as I am concerned, anything with the microsoft product name on it is bad news.

But then I do like and use Msn Messenger. Firefox is just so much better, people who cant realize it dont deserve to use it.

The reason Firefox is so great is the fact that it has .png suppport. The colors are incorrect when viewed with explorer. If Microsoft isn't going to embrace the full ability of Png's then I am certainly not going to include them in the best category list. They set the internet standards then break them, who do they think they are microsoft. Becuase they are the only company who could get away will such bull crap.
__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #18
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to badmatty
Default Re: airiox.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
A bunch of junk
You are obviously trying to get an agument from me. I haven't the time or the inclination to bother. You say that I said "FireFox does it better"... I never said that. I couldn't have. I have never used msn-explorer. Frankly, I wouldn't because I can get everything that I need from the internet using software that is both free and more suited to my liking. What I have said is that you can personalize it more to your liking.

You can continue your narrow minded "salute-to-the-microsoft-flag" way of aproaching software. Your loss. You have yet to show us anything useful that is not available in FireFox that is in msm.

Your ignorance of phpBB makes you ill-equipted to say that is anything other than that it is "another BB".


oh, and BTW, you are rude too
badmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:55 PM   #19
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to badmatty
Default Re: airiox.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
well I havent every used msn explorer but just looking at it gets me all queezy inside. As far as I am concerned, anything with the microsoft product name on it is bad news.
It's not all bad man. Just has some flaws but all-in-all rather user friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
But then I do like and use Msn Messenger.
If you haven't already, you should try GAIM. It allows you to use all instant messengers in on easy to use window...all at the same time. It also work on all platforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
Firefox is just so much better, people who cant realize it dont deserve to use it.
I agree completely. It is nice to try to lead the blind to better things though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
The reason Firefox is so great is the fact that it has .png suppport. The colors are incorrect when viewed with explorer. If Microsoft isn't going to embrace the full ability of Png's then I am certainly not going to include them in the best category list. They set the internet standards then break them, who do they think they are microsoft. Becuase they are the only company who could get away will such bull crap.
Not the only reason, but a good one.
badmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:46 PM   #20
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: airiox.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmatty
You are obviously trying to get an agument from me. I haven't the time or the inclination to bother. You say that I said "FireFox does it better"... I never said that. I couldn't have. I have never used msn-explorer. Frankly, I wouldn't because I can get everything that I need from the internet using software that is both free and more suited to my liking. What I have said is that you can personalize it more to your liking.

You can continue your narrow minded "salute-to-the-microsoft-flag" way of aproaching software. Your loss. You have yet to show us anything useful that is not available in FireFox that is in msm.

Your ignorance of phpBB makes you ill-equipted to say that is anything other than that it is "another BB".


oh, and BTW, you are rude too
Lol; yeah. I took something you said wrongly and thought it was Firefox is better than MSN Explorer. After sobering up I realise that now and must apologise.

I don't normally come on as argumentative as that; and although I do generally have a narrow-minded "salute-to-the-microsoft-flag" way of aproaching software I don't normally shove it in people's faces like that.

I don't know anything about phpBB beyond that it is another Bulletin Board. And that I disagree with the styling options; but again; I shouldn't really have put over those opinions in that fashion.

Yeah - it was. I should really stop drinking at the computer. And although I agree with everything I said (I should, I said it) I didn't put it over in the right fashion by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airiox
well I havent every used msn explorer but just looking at it gets me all queezy inside. As far as I am concerned, anything with the microsoft product name on it is bad news.

But then I do like and use Msn Messenger. Firefox is just so much better, people who cant realize it dont deserve to use it.

The reason Firefox is so great is the fact that it has .png suppport. The colors are incorrect when viewed with explorer. If Microsoft isn't going to embrace the full ability of Png's then I am certainly not going to include them in the best category list. They set the internet standards then break them, who do they think they are microsoft. Becuase they are the only company who could get away will such bull crap.
Lol; thats worse than me! At least I used Firefox for a couple of weeks. That is a way to looks at it; it is a mind-set I suppose; people will like different things and thats only natural. This is yet another discussion where we're just going to disagree and eventually I'm going to be drunk again and get rude - natural course of events. Not particularly proactive - as there is no chance of any of us agreeing.

Not entirely sure that .png support is much of a thing? They're Adobe Photoshop files aren't they? Doesn't sound very open-source of them to support such a file type?
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0