youtube toolbar has started blocking the bottom of videos

alucard10

Baseband Member
For some reason the toolbar thing at the bottom of youtube videos is now higher than it used to be, which causes it to block out part of the bottom of the videos.
This is very annoying because it covers up the subtitles of foreign language videos.

What could have caused the change?
How do you make it go back to normal?

(The toolbar does not do this when the videos are made full screen however I mostly prefer the smaller screen because some vids look better that way and its easyer to go to the comments.)

(I see your post in my mailbox, but I don't see it here. Weird...)

Anyway, back on topic: OP, I think this has more to do with a.) the way YouTube designed its video player and b.) bad subtitle orientation, in general. It's just the way it is. If it didn't use to do this, then YouTube has re-designed its player again. Feel free to feedback so they know you hate it.

@OP

Is this now different? e.g. Can you watch a video that you've seen before with none of the above described issues and now the issues plague your viewing? If something has changed, then which browser are you using? What OS are you on? There could be a few things at play here.

Back
Top Bottom