Votes: 31 39.2%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was using opera when my internet was playing up a bit, I use opera sometime because of its turbo feature for slower connection speeds but I still mainly use chrome, Anyone here heard of avant browser?

I was using opera when my internet was playing up a bit, I use opera sometime because of its turbo feature for slower connection speeds but I still mainly use chrome, Anyone here heard of avant browser?

Cant't say I have, have you tryed it and is it any good,

Kind Regards

I know I could just Google this but i'm a little intrigued by this turbo feature?
What does it do?

Surely it should be switched on all of the time?

I can't imagine anyone wanting to browser slightly slower than they are able to?

It's basically smart compression through Opera's servers when you have bad connectivity. If you have stable, fast connectivity, then you should switch it off (because sometimes Opera mistakes your connectivity for something slower, images are compressed and become choppy, etc.).

So, in summary:
  • Bad connectivity: Turbo on at all times (it will switch off automatically during random bouts of good connectivity)
  • Good connectivity, not worried about occasional choppy images: Turbo on
  • Good connectivity, wants highest quality images at all times: Turbo off

Back
Top Bottom