Your Favourite Browser Extensions/Add-ons

BK_123

Golden Master
So I thought I might post this thread to see what everyone's favourite browser extensions/add-ons are. Some of mine would have to be Ad-block-plus, I don't have all that many and I am looking for some new ones to try out.

Firefox with Ad Block, NoScript (invaluable), Downloadstatusbar and DoNotTrackMe. Oh and the one that brings up your homepage when you open up a new tab (very handy).

These are all for chrome. There's probably equivalents for firefox and other browsers.

Google dictionary - allows you to simply highlight a word to get a definition. I don't use it very much, but when I do, it's pretty nice.

Webpage screenshot - Pretty self-explanatory. It lets you take a screenshot of entire webpages, even if they're bigger than your monitor.

Session buddy - allows you to save and manage browsing sessions

Hover zoom - This is probably the most useful one. All you have to do is mouse over a thumbnail or image link and it shows it to you. Makes websites like reddit so much more usable.

Adblock plus - self-explanatory.

YTshowrating - It shows video ratings for the related videos on youtube. Pretty useful if you like to watch random videos sometimes.

thanks foothead. i'll check out Google dictionary and hover zoom.

I use Adblock and something called "Select and Speak"
Select and Speak is a plugin that gives you the option to make the computer read up text that you highlight.
i use it sometimes if one of you guys post a large post. if i don't feel like reading it all, i'll just highlight it and make chrome read it out loud.

Back
Top Bottom