Which is your favorite Command Prompt and Why?

I do not know, Tulsileaf. However, I doubt it. There are 'clones' of it, and there certaintly are other (and in my oppinion better) shells (command prompts) like BASH, the Korn Shell, etc. but there are not many actual 'DOS-es' available.

However, if you use GNU/Linux, there *is* a DOS emulator called DOSemu. I do not much like it, but try it out!

lgrinberg said:
DOS?!?!?!

When it is running under Windows, most of the programs go to the folder C:/Program Files/<program or company name>. DOS cannot open folders with spaces in their names. So those programs can't be opened!

Just so you know they can be opened all you have to do is supply them with "". Ex: "Folder Name With Space Here"

I like dos also probably because I grew up with it. However I am learning more and more of bash and am liking it also! :p

Interesting subject...

I guess mine would have to be unix. Simple but powerful command structure. Very flexable.

lgrinberg said:
When it is running under Windows, most of the programs go to the folder C:/Program Files/<program or company name>. DOS cannot open folders with spaces in their names. So those programs can't be opened!

uh yea u can open folders with spaces. you type the folder name with...wait ah i can't remember lol. but i've done it before. but hey it doesn't matter...if you need to get into a folder with spaces in the name, just put a .bat file in the folder! and the .bat will open up inside the folder and no worrying about spaces! :D

Back
Top Bottom