xp setup wont continue after restart

chickenbutt

Beta member
I resently reformatted my disk using WD lifegaurd tools. But when i tried to install Win XP x64 pro, everything went fine until i had to restart my computer to continue the installation. When i restarted, it asked me to press anykey to boot from cd. ANd when i did, instead of continuing xp set up, it started to reinstall windows over again. It even warned that i was trying to install 2 OS on the same partition. I then reformatted again, installed windows and when i had to restart i just told bios to boot from HD. THis lead me to a black screen with a cursor, noting i did at that point could make the computer respond except alt-ctrl-delete.
I tried to then install win xp home but i encountered the exact same problem. What is there left for me to do? How can i continue the installation? Any help is greatly appriciated.

P.S. I also tried the same process with a 40 gig MAxtor HD instead of my 60 gig MAxtor. Yielded same result.

Specs
Athlon 64 3500+ (winchester)
Asus AV8 Deluxe Mobo
2x512mb corsair XMS
Ati Radeon 9800 pro
Compaq 52x cd reader
Plextor DVD burner
60 gb MAxtor (7200 rpm) master
74 gb WD Raptor (10,000 rpm) slave

chickenbutt said:
.....When i restarted, it asked me to press anykey to boot from cd. ANd when i did,...

don't reboot from the cd. after you use the cd and it restarts, boot from the hard disk. installation should continue from there.

It turns out that the issue was that when i had it boot from the hard disk it automatically tried to boot frommy WD so as soon as i unplgged it, it worked

Back
Top Bottom