Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Beta Member
Question XP services terminating

Ok I've puzzled over this for a few days now. The other day I accidentally kicked my pc and it pulled the network cable out. Once I plugged it back in, DHCP refused to renew its lease.

I rebooted and now windows refuses to start multiple services such as workstation, server, windows audio. If I let it try automatically on boot it logs something about broken pipes in the event log. If I manually start the services I get Error 1067: Process terminated unexpectedly.

I've worked with windows for many years, pandering to its girly tantrums but this one has me stumped. I know I can reinstall and that'll probably fix it...but that's not the point.

I can still access the net via my linux server, which luckily is a million times more reliable than windows. What I don't have is audio, and ability to access my win2003 server, or my samba fileserver.

I can supply any information, although I have no idea where to begin looking for a solution. Accoring to the MS knowlegebase, this problem doesn't exist any more on my version of windows. Fools.

Searching google is pointless, the errors that windows gives me are so generic I might as well search the word "error".

If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them as I'm not giving up on the problem.

Thanks in advance

iwasinnamuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to wmorri
Default Re: XP services terminating

I would open the case up and make sure that every thing is seated properly. Then restart your computer and see what errors it gives you.

Linux Forever!

I thought you were a hispanic/african american? Who is the white guy in the pictures?
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: XP services terminating

Try running a windows repair from the CD, the drivers may have got corrupt or a
trip some how, repairing windows might correct the network issue. have you tried another cable?
Compaq Presario CQ5305K-m Intel® Pentium® Dual Core E5300 (2.6 GHz), Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 2048 MB , Hard drive: 320 Gb, with 18.5 Widescreen
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote