Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: XP Safe Mode View Details
Try this first:
- Fire up Explorer under safe mode
- Organise your view to your likings (change to list as details, etc.)
- Folder Options > View > Apply to All Folders
If the above fails, then try to edit the registry:
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Streams
- Find the entry similar to this: "Settings"=hex:08,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,77,7e,13,73,35,cf,11,ae,6 9,08,00,2b,2e,12,62,04,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,43,00, 00,00
- Make sure the value in bold is "04" (sans quotes)
If these doesn't work, it doesn't work. Safe mode is not normal usage.
p.s. For some odd reason, the editor is inserting random spaces in my reply, and I can't get them out... Just disregard them.