XP Home upgrade

Berne

In Runtime
Hi All,

What are the possibilites in upgrading for free when using XP Home?
Was I reading a link right correctly which offers a free upgrade to Vista Appearance?

The file was called Vista Transformation Pack, or was this simply an upgrade to existing users of Vista OS?

Just curious.

Berne

oh that.
thats a 3rd party application that basically replaces some system files so that your copy of xp looks like windows vista (aero theme, icons, etc).
it is still windows xp at the end of the day, and can always be reversed back to normal, it just makes it look a little nicer.
i had problems with it a while back, which might have been addressed now, but ive never been fussed to try it again

Service Pack 3 for XP will be released which will include some of vista's new features.

Service Pack 3 for XP will be released which will include some of vista's new features.

when?? that'll be awesome... cuz to be honest im downloading Vista Transformation Pack right now... only cuz i really really love the look of vista

I wouldn't download that transformation pack. I've tried it and it wasn't worth it. It looked really good and almost exactly like vista but it also messed up my system pretty bad.

when?? that'll be awesome... cuz to be honest im downloading Vista Transformation Pack right now... only cuz i really really love the look of vista

"SP3 for Windows XP Professional is currently planned for 1H CY2008. This date is preliminary."

Back
Top Bottom