XP home hangs during install (with 2 mins to go)

Jetpilot said:
Didn't work.

Let discrubber have at it. Created a new partition. Started the XP install. and...

IT DID THE EXACT SAME THING. Started at 39 minutes to go... hangs with 2 minutes to go.

Jetpilot, proud owner of a $1400 doorstop.

check your RAM then... get some RAM off a friends computer.. replace yours and see if it works.. its very possible that it could be a RAM issue.

dude i am really suprized that you have not resolved this issue yet..IF i were you i would take out that hhd, and test it out with another.

If the hhd will not install the OS even after the drive was wiped or scrubbed, seems to me that this drive may be faulty.

Try doing this:
make sure to use the windows MILLENIM boot disk (download the OEM version at bootdisk.com)

from the boot disk, select the one that says something like boot with cdrom support (if memory serves me correct)

copy EVERYTHING on the cd to C:\wxp on the hard drive using the COPY command - "copy x:\ C:\wxp" if that doesn't work try "x:\*.* c:\wxp\" where x = cd drive

after copying, remove the cd and go to the i386 directory in C:\wxp

type this:

winnt.exe

this will install winxp. follow the directions and choose to NOT FORMAT - you can convert the filesystem later. setup should install perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom