XP doesn't install properly (doesn't copy files correctly)

RedHalo

Solid State Member
I've built 4 or 5 computers in 2004 and starting this new year My cousin's computer continualy reboots and wont startup in any of the Safe Modes. So logically I try to boot. Then I reformat and try to reinstall XP pro on their comp. This is where I get my problems. The format completes in NTFS and is copying files. When it's copying files it says Setup cannot put XXXXXX.sys or some other files on to the HDD because it isn't a valid XP system image. I must have formatted and reformatted at least 7 times on this damn comp. I've tried using my friends XP pro cd's and it gives me the same error. Sometimes a blue screen with a stop error at 0x00000050 blah blah blah. The specs are: ABIT IC7-G mobo, PC3200 512 MB DDR RAM, Segate 160 GB 7200rpm HDD, Samsung RW + 2nd drive DVD, ATI RADEON 9600 XT. If someone can help me with this dilemma I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Well you could try to do a System Restore by putting in the Driver's CD in the tray, then boot-up w/it ....Their should be an option to do a restore to WIN XP.

you sure its nothing to do with your memory or harddrive?

I haven't thought of doing the system restore through the Driver's CD but unfortunately it didn't work and no it's nothing to do with my memory or HDD

RedHalo said:
I haven't thought of doing the system restore through the Driver's CD but unfortunately it didn't work and no it's nothing to do with my memory or HDD

Well, if the system restore did'nt work...Then you may need to wipr the hhd clean & start over....Maybe flash the bios or reset the Cmos.

wipe the hdd clean is the same thing as formatting it right? How do u "flash" the bios? I'll try resetting the cmos. Also here is the exact error that XP will give me after the faulty installation:
1/4/2005:
Error:
SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\6000\MSFT\VCRTL\VCRTL.MAN" on line 16.

Error:
Installation Failed: D:\I386\asms: Error Message : A component's file doesn't match the verification information presesnt in th the compent manifest.

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

A compnent's file does not match the verifcation information present in the componet manifest.

This has to do with the fact that it won't read the disks properly and yet it will load the XP Setup just fine.

Ok, i may be going out on a limb here but, if it's reading the disks fine, then we know that your CD drive is'nt dirty.

ok, try these :

here

here too

and maybe this

You can try those, and to be absolutley shure I would clean off the instalation CD just incase.

you can try to GWSCAN your HDD which will write ZEROS to your HDD making it completely clean. When you format your HDD it still leaves some files and it doesn't FULLY clean your HDD. However running a WRITE TO ZERO tool such as GWSCAN it will assure that your HDD is completely clean.

RedHalo said:
I've built 4 or 5 computers in 2004 and starting this new year My cousin's computer continualy reboots and wont startup in any of the Safe Modes. So logically I try to boot. Then I reformat and try to reinstall XP pro on their comp. This is where I get my problems. The format completes in NTFS and is copying files. When it's copying files it says Setup cannot put XXXXXX.sys or some other files on to the HDD because it isn't a valid XP system image. I must have formatted and reformatted at least 7 times on this damn comp. I've tried using my friends XP pro cd's and it gives me the same error. Sometimes a blue screen with a stop error at 0x00000050 blah blah blah. The specs are: ABIT IC7-G mobo, PC3200 512 MB DDR RAM, Segate 160 GB 7200rpm HDD, Samsung RW + 2nd drive DVD, ATI RADEON 9600 XT. If someone can help me with this dilemma I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Well thats windows for ya :p .

I've tried the gdiplus.dll file but what am i suppossed to do with it? Replace the other gdiplus.dll file and reburn the cd? Also can u explain to me what i'm suppossed to do with the second web site? I've used the error nuker and it works but how would you get it to work on a newly formatted hd? Also i haven't found software to zero a hd. I don't that would help any cuz it's a new hd.

Back
Top Bottom