Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
I got a wireless controller adapter off of Amazon, and while it isn't a Microsoft one, it's pretty close. Here is the actual model I have

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows: Video Games

I followed these directions to install it the first time, and it's worked great, until now.

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Select the "Unknown Device"
3. Choose to update the driver under the Driver tab
4. Choose the 'Browse for a driver' (not the exact words but close)
5. Tell it that you want to pick from the list of device drivers
6. Choose the "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class" option
7. Pick the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
8. Enjoy

Several times before it seemed to uninstall itself, but I would just go back through those steps and it would work great for at least a month afterwards. I installed it the same way on my Win8 laptop as well.

What's happened recently is that it uninstalled itself again, and shows up as unrecognized hardware. However, when I go into the device manager and try to install it again, on the "Update Driver Software - Unknown Device" screen, underneath of "Search for driver software in this location:", it has the following path

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\WUGFRESH DEVELOPMENT\DATA\DRIVERS

When I click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", it only lists "Unknown Device". If I untick the "Show compatible hardware" box, it only shows up with one entry for Microsoft, and nothing even close to the wireless receiver drivers. In the past, there were either 2 or 3 different entries for Microsoft, and a lot more devices supported. Can anyone give me any information or assistance on this? It's the strangest thing that all of the sudden these drivers just don't seem to exist, and I don't know where else I would even look to download them again.

Back
Top Bottom