Wubi Problems!!

blandino123

Beta member
i donwloaded and installed wubi for uhh ubuntu 8.01 i think.then i started using it...loved it but then my pc randomly crashed!!!!!!!!!!i got scared and botted into vista.then it crashed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!then i started up again and it told me i had to restore.i restored and now im missing 30gb on my hard drive!!(thats what i used up for wubi)when i go to remove progrmas wubi isnt there so i cant uninstall it.when i re run the set up for wubi it tells me to install not uninstall.please help me

.p.s.
i even went into the manage computer and when i hit my hard drive there arent any partitioned drives ffs someone please help

Hi,

I am sorry that you are having such problems with wubi. Most people find that it is easier to install ubuntu straight from the livecd, but other like to try wubi. I would like to know if you can get to your control panel and then to add/remove programs. When you get there, I am curious to see if you have ubuntu listed as a program. Wubi, is supposed to let you install and un-install linux from the control panel. If it is there then you can just uninstall it. However if it isn't there then we are going to have to take a few more steps.

Let me know what you find out and then I can give you some more advice on how to handle either getting rid of ubuntu or getting it back on your machine the correct way.

Cheers!

When you installed Wubi, you had to choose a drive to install it on.

Go to that drive, and remove the directory named "ubuntu"

Back
Top Bottom