Wrong But Right Date / Time Issue

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Ladies and Gents I have a puzzling one.

A customers PC stopped connecting to us through logmein and it was giving the error
logmein cannot connect to logmein servers. confirm that your device is set to the correct date

So I asked them to check the date and time and they said it was right, I didn't believe them (naturally) so I used Teamviewer to connect to their PC and they are right.

The date / time are absolutely correct but the PC seems to think otherwise?

If I browse to any secure website I get a certificate error saying that it is either not valid yet or has expired when it hasn't it runs from Feb 2013 - April 2014.

So with the certificate errors and the problem from Logmein I'm lead to believe that the Date / Time is wrong, but in the bottom right hand corner it is correct, I've tried changing it to a different region and setting it back, I've tried changing it to 2001 and setting it back again and nothing is working?

Any ideas?

It's definitely the right year and I'm not sure the bios date would effect the SSL certificates on web pages??

I don't know either...:lol:

Did you check the time zone? Is daylight savings time on/off (whichever it's supposed to be).

I would check the bios but it's remote at a customers site and they are a little bit of a technophobe . . .

Time zone is right, daylight tried it on and off.

Is it possible that the internet is routed through an internal a gateway server and the gateway server's time is wrong?

I'm guessing there would be a router that the PC connects through. What about that? But then having said that isn't the certificate information ran against the clock of the PC. So maybe it is worth trying to find out what the BIOS is set to.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

I would check the bios but it's remote at a customers site and they are a little bit of a technophobe . . .

Time zone is right, daylight tried it on and off.

Is it possible that the internet is routed through an internal a gateway server and the gateway server's time is wrong?

Are there other computers that would run through this same gateway server? Are they having issues?

Thanks guys, seeing as it's remote I think I will have to get their IT department involved to be infront of the actual PC as it's much easier for them.

Will try and let you know what the outcome is!

Back
Top Bottom