word pad font size stuck on11 word is stuck on 12

stevethebrain

In Runtime
word pad font size stuck on11 word is stuck on 12
I like to use wordpad frequently however I spend more time resetting the font size than I actualley get to type.
WP is determined to stay on 11 which is to small for me is it possiable for me to set the WP font size to 16 and not have WP change it back to 11?
same issuse w/ word 2003.

OS windows7 home
Thanks STB

Last edited:
I found this advice You can change the font and size and then save it as a template - ex: default.wri
Navigate to this file and make it read only. Make a shortcut to it and use this as WordPad in future.
It will always come up with the font settings you had set but you will have to save it with a new name each time (you usually do anyway).
There is no other way to keep the font setting in WordPad.

however I got confussed on
save it as a template - ex: default.wri

can someone please provide step by step instructions on resolving the wordpad font size.
Thanks STB

Why do you bounce back and forth between Wordpad and Word? Since you have Word, why not just use it exclusively and not use Wordpad?

I personally haven't used Wordpad in many years.

sometimes I like to keep open a couple word docs. that I don't intead on saving so I use both word and pad sometimes even note pad. it's easier than saving

sometimes I like to keep open a couple word docs. that I don't intead on saving so I use both word and pad sometimes even note pad. it's easier than saving

I'm telling you right now, that will bite you in the ass.

One of my clients is a president of some high society organization and sends out speeches, notes, etc on a regular basis. He used to do the same thing you do until a speech he had been working on for hours got lost. He was very upset and wanted me to get his work back, but he hadn't saved it... only had it open in a temp doc. After the bad news that he lost his work, my advice to him was "Save everything. Save often. You can always delete something you don't need, but can not always recover something you need."

I'm telling you right now, that will bite you in the ass.

One of my clients is a president of some high society organization and sends out speeches, notes, etc on a regular basis. He used to do the same thing you do until a speech he had been working on for hours got lost. He was very upset and wanted me to get his work back, but he hadn't saved it... only had it open in a temp doc. After the bad news that he lost his work, my advice to him was "Save everything. Save often. You can always delete something you don't need, but can not always recover something you need."

He said that he uses wordpad/notepad for items that he doesn't intend on saving, I do the same thing, for example, if I'm performing calculations and want to make quick notes!

On a side note, I'm sure if you copy text from notepad to word it takes the formatting of the word document by default as the text in notepad doesn't really contain formatting information?

Back
Top Bottom