Wireless disconnects every 3-5 minutes.

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
This is no new problem, Its been happening for quite a while(probably since before I joined CF). It will happen on random adapters on randon OS's. Lets say I have, 3 adapters; X,Y, and Z. I install windows XP on my computer and use adapter X. It will randomly disconnect every 3-5 minutes. So I put adapter Z in it. Z gets a poor signal, but works fine, so I install adapter X with Z already installed. It works fine. Lets say adapter Z uses a PCI slot that I need, so I take both out and put in a new adapter, Y. It works fine. Now lets say I use windows 7. Adapter X works great, Z still gets poor reception, and Y disconnects randomly. I install service pack 1. Y starts working again. I use the updated drivers from each website.

If you need to know:
X: Realtek RTL8187
Y: Belkin Wireless G mimo N adapter
Z: TP Link WN550G

Would be nice if I could finally end the pokemon battle with my wireless adapters ;)

^Unlikely.

From the sounds of it, you have Win7 SP1 and 2 of the adapters are working fine? Why not just stick with one of them.

Otherwise I would uninstall all the software and drivers for each of them and start over and never have more than one installed at a time - so if you do switch then uninstall all the software/drivers for the first one before you use the second one. Are you using windows to manage the wireless connections or the software that came with them? Have you tried just installing the driver without the software? Sometimes I have better luck with Windows than I do with the software that came with the adapter (and sometimes not so it's worth it to try both).

Back
Top Bottom