Wireless card problems

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hey, i have a strange problem with my NIC on my laptop. When the laptop is plugged in i am able to boot windows XP and the NIC connects to the router pretty much instantly.

However on battery power I have to wait about 30 seconds after i log in for the network card to connect to the router. (Its not even attempting to) Just get a red cross in the bottom corner.

I have looked at the power settings of the NIC and changed them to full power when running on battery and also had a look in the power options and changed the computer to use full processor when on battery but still when i am not plugged in i have to wait for the connection to establish.

Any ideas ?

UPDATE : found out that it was software related. Nothing to do with windows.

Infact stupid design !, the wireless card power relies on the acer power program. But until this program loads and starts the NIC the network is dead ! Its not the fastest PC and therefore it takes some time before the power program kicks in .

Well i currently have windows operate the card but its the power software that turns the card on when that program starts. If i stop that program from starting then the card is always off unless i manually switch it to on.

This question is already solved and therefore needs no further answers or comments.

Back
Top Bottom