winxp installed need help!

installed that driver and nothing changed but i have a speaker icon now in the system tray and this thing called avrack is on my desktop which looks like some sort of media player...

That driver????? theres a whole list of them, not just one. The audio is the first in the list. If you scroll to bottom of the list you will see the LAN driver, install that and you should be to get on the net again. The VGA drivers are 3rd in the list, so that should sort your graphics.

from looking at that you should clean out your cpu fan with a bottle of compresed air. from the looks of that it might even overheat.

alright i installed all of the drivers and it is running great. however i am still unable to connect to the internet. what course of action do i take next? the driver i am having difficulties with is this one: "Intel 82562 PRO 10/100 & 82540 PRO GB LAN Drivers" located on this page: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=506 . when i bring this to my computer and run the executible it seems to be like a zip file, and extracts files from it into the directory that it is in. am i supposed to extract these somewhere special?
i use a broadband connection.

i have restarted the computer twice since the installation of the drivers.
in device managers there is a yellow exclamation mark on "Eithernet Controller"

Have you enabled "on Chip LAN"? From the MSI link Raffaz posted in post 10download the manual, go to page 3-23

If you scroll up from there and take a screenshot of your mainboard info, to confirm we have the right one, that should do the trick:)

Back
Top Bottom