winxp installed need help!

jimlikessweets

Solid State Member
hi i recently installed windows xp and have a msi mainboard. when the installation was completed i noticed the resolution and colors were way down and could not be changed along with many other features. i assumed i needed to get the proper drivers for my mainboard. so i went and found the page on my friends computer. after doing this i found a very convinient live update feature for the drivers(located here http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=prodpage1&maincat_no=1 ). however my computer will not connect to the internet in order to allow me to do this. i use a eithernet cable and have a broadband connection. i've tried countless times to connect that computer to the internet and it WILL NOT connect. i have tested the internet on my friends computer and it works just fine. what do i do to solve this problem?

Have you not got a CD with the motherboard? All the drivers should be on there. If you havent got that option, then use someone elses computer and copy all the drivers needed to CD or pendrive etc, and then install them on your system.

As for the connection problem, that will be because you dont have the drivers for your NIC, so you need to get them aswell.

unfortunatally i have no idea which drivers i need. so i intended to use the liveupdate feature the site offers. however this isn't an option now with the information you have given me. what should i do? i do not own the cd. i'm afraid it's long gone. on top of that i do not know how to find out how to find what kind a mother board i have besides the make of it which is msi.

If you take your side off your tower and look at the motherboard you should see the model of the board in big letters printed across it, have you installed your graphics card driver if not and you don't have your MB disc the only way to get them as Raffaz said is to download them from a Friends computer, you might need to install DIRECT X 9

Do you know your mobo model? Post the details if you do and we can post a link for you.:)

Back
Top Bottom