WinXP Freezes on XP Boot Up Screen.

davidlondon

Solid State Member
WinXP Freezes on XP Boot Up Screen.

I know you have all prob heard this problem so many times, I have searched around here there and every where and not found a solution.

It all started when I went to turn on my pc as I normally do, the night before I shut it down, my virus scanner detected and removed a Trojan.exe virus.

The pc starts up as normal, boots to the windows xp boot screen, with the logo and the sliding bar across the middle. It looks as if its loading then just jams and freezes, the hard drive loading light goes out also.

After about 30 seconds, the pc will reboot its self and take me to the “Sorry for the inconvenience” screen. If I re-try a normal boot, or boot from the last known good configuration it fails and brings me back to the screen.

I can however, boot in Safe Mode, this works fine, I can access all my files and there are no crashes.

I have connected the HD to another pc as the secondary hard drive, and it allows me to access the data also.

I tried a Windows XP repair, it installed, restarted, got past the boot screen to the next installation screen, where it installs the drivers etc, restarted again then froze on the xp boot screen.

I then tired chkdsk twice and this still has not resolved the problem.

I have also disconnected every piece of hardware, cd drives, network cards and so on and still had the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks very much

Thanks all for the replies.

I have managed to get my anti virus open in safe mode.

The virus is: Trojan.Win32.Buzus.oyt

I supose I could try restoring this and see if the pc will boot.

UPDATE:

I restored the virus, and exsperianced the same problems as above.

So this rules out the fact that maybe the anti virus scanner removed a file which my system needed.

Just googling the thing here, it looks like a nasty one. Take a look at some of the results for Trojan.Win32.Buzus on Google. Some include steps to try to remove it. If it doesn't work, you may need to reformat.

Back
Top Bottom