Windows XP Pro Problems

Lucie Ann

Beta member
Hello,

I've got a problems with my OS which is really weird.

Ive just bought a PC with Windows XP Pro installed on a 866 processor and it worked fine at first.

I installed a couple of programs on it and a few documents and all was okay, THEN

one morning I turned on my PC only to find that it took longer than usual to start up.

After logging on, I found that it had deleted all my documents, and personal settings.

The programs I had installed were still there, it was just like it had a fresh installation,
but with my programs still on the desktop.

It has been doing this ever since. EVery time I try to log on, it takes a while, then it loads,
only for me to find that all my personal settings have been deleted.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you.

have you had any messages telling you that your computer has been recovered from a serious error and are you sure you are logged on in the same place, You conputer may have been hacked but if the info was deleted you should probably try one of these data recovery things.

Hope this helps :)

xp pro problems

Hiya guys

Thanks for ur replies x

Ive only had 1 serious error msg yesterday, not too long after all this started, but since then, ive created and logged on as a new user and everything works quite fine.

Its just under my old user name where the problem lies.

I know where my files have gone now, i just need to figure out what happened in the first place. an error msg came up saying that windows could not find my "profile" so it logged me on to a temporary profile.

Back
Top Bottom