windows xp disc

jerni21

Solid State Member
hi im new here, and i just had a question, i just got a new laptop and it came with windows xp pro but no disc on the bottom side of the laptop theres the seal with the product key, and emblem and everything so will microsoft give me a disc, or some type of recovery cd? and how do i get it?

how do i find it and if i wanted to upgrade the hard drive how would i install it on the new one?

Who is the manufacturer? Most companies like HP and Dell have attempted to cut down on costs (cd's, man-hours) by creating recovery disk partitions right on the hard drive. This doesn't prevent Dell from sending you a recover disk upon request. I had to replace a laptop hard drive recently that had a recovery partition on it. HP sent along a recovery disk with the replacement drive. So, I think it depends on what you're needing it for ... give the laptop manufacturer a call and explain your situation and see what they say.

its a dell, i dont see any obvious hard drive partitions but how would i find it if there was one? it has a 20gb hdd and it says its only an 18 so i suspect there is so lemme know how to find it. thanx

press f-11 during start up to see if the computer enters the dell recovery partition...if it dosn't do anything, you don't have it on there. (you can back out of it if you do enter it).

Back
Top Bottom