Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #31
Baseband Member

Default Re: Windows will no longer install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp5s1 View Post
Nope. It's just a genero install.
It does sound like the motherboard, but its strange that its even working at all. Just a shot in the dark here but do you have any kind of throttling options in your BIOS that restricts CPU speeds/voltage?

I am not familiar with your chipset or BIOS but did you have to overvolt it much to get it to hit 5Ghz? Maybe you have cooked it a little. As a complete last resort you could flash the BIOS? Not something I would recommend though if you have the ability to RMA it.

Sorry to be of little help, its a weird problem indeed.

Branjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #32
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branjo View Post

It does sound like the motherboard, but its strange that its even working at all. Just a shot in the dark here but do you have any kind of throttling options in your BIOS that restricts CPU speeds/voltage?

I am not familiar with your chipset or BIOS but did you have to overvolt it much to get it to hit 5Ghz? Maybe you have cooked it a little. As a complete last resort you could flash the BIOS? Not something I would recommend though if you have the ability to RMA it.

Sorry to be of little help, its a weird problem indeed.
I never ran 5ghz with this MoBo. That was with my last MoBo. Highest I went with this one was only 4.4 or so.

I already flashed the bios, too.

It is weird and it kinda sucks. I don't wanna have to buy ANOTHER, my THIRD, MoBo for this thing for no apparent reason. No clue why my first one died, no clue why this one is acting up.

rmp5s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #33
Baseband Member

Default Re: Windows will no longer install.

Considering what you have done so far the only thing that seems to be a constant is the PSU, do you have another spare at least to rule it out. Maybe you could test the voltages while the PC is running? Grab a multimeter and test a Molex connecter and see if the 12v or 5v rails fluctuate by much by running something intensive for a few mins.

The blue screens makes me think its PSU related as you have already tested the RAM, that being said of course the sluggishness doesn't seem power related but who knows. Everything in your rig seem like good components apart from the Rosewill PSU.

Other than that dude I'm drawing a blank.
Branjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #34
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branjo View Post
Considering what you have done so far the only thing that seems to be a constant is the PSU, do you have another spare at least to rule it out. Maybe you could test the voltages while the PC is running? Grab a multimeter and test a Molex connecter and see if the 12v or 5v rails fluctuate by much by running something intensive for a few mins.

The blue screens makes me think its PSU related as you have already tested the RAM, that being said of course the sluggishness doesn't seem power related but who knows. Everything in your rig seem like good components apart from the Rosewill PSU.

Other than that dude I'm drawing a blank.
I'll shove a multimeter in a few connectors tonight. The psu is a constant through all this...

rmp5s1 is offline   Reply With Quote