Windows Vs Linux?

DJ Boom

Beta member
Hello,

My current 'OS' is Windows, i mostly Code, Game & social network.

I know that Linux run a lot faster than windows, But is it worth switching?

Opinions will be appreciated, thanks :)

It depends which programs you're using. If you're using particular gaming software, it's possible it won't work on Linux. Coding won't be a big problem I think. Which coding languages do you use? And which games are you playing?

Jvuz

The only coding language i use is Batch.
& i use all the up-to-date game, like; Call Of Duty - 7, Need For Speed - HP & Fallout - NV

Hi,

There are a couple things that you should know about linux. First, batch scripts won't work on linux. They are maid to run in cmd an cmd doesn't exist in linux. There are three or four different types of shells so you can write shell scripts, but batch scripts wont work.

Next, games like that currently don't work in Linux. No matter how people try they just won't work currently, they are all too new.

So what I am getting at if you want to do those two things then you seem to be out of luck. On the bright side, Linux is moving in leaps and pounds in many areas and there are great community aspects. Just a couple of things to think about.

Cheers!

I recommend that you at least try Linux and play with it a bit, Ubuntu is one of the most popular and you can install it with a utility called Wubi that allows you to easily remove Ubuntu via your Windows Add/Remove Programs panel.

Am keen about Linux but then any advise about the device drivers? I am using the Canon IP1880 colour printer and find that the driver is written on Windows. Can anyone assist me on this matter?

Am keen about Linux but then any advise about the device drivers? I am using the Canon IP1880 colour printer and find that the driver is written on Windows. Can anyone assist me on this matter?

What distribution of Linux are you running?

Back
Top Bottom